Pake Rum Runner frameset - Matte Black
This is a frameset that can be ridden hard and put away wet.
Made in Taiwan from Tange cro-mo tubing, the selection of tubing diameters and gauges offer a great blend of longevity, stiffness, ride quality and great value for a hand-welded frameset.
The latest version is updated fit fatter tires while still maintaining "track" geometry because tracklocross is all the rage with the kids these days. 32mm knobbies fit without any trouble and although we haven't tried it, you could probably stuff some 35mm road tires in there depending on the tire. It also now has an anti-rust coating on the interior of the tubes and a dimpled drive side chainstay for increased crankset clearance (looking at you, Sram Omnium).
If brakes are your thing, you'll need a caliper with at least 57mm of reach.
• 1 1/8'' standard head tube
• includes color-matched cro-mo fork (38mm rake, 391mm axle-to-crown)
• frame/fork spacing: 120mm/100mm
• 27.2mm seatpost
• seatpost collar: 30.0mm (not included)
• 68mm English-threaded BB
• 5mm thick rear track ends
• frame & fork are drilled for brakes
• clearance for 32mm tires (maybe 35mm depending on the tire)
• decals are included but not applied
• no bottle bosses
• sizes: 46, 51, 53, 55, 57, 59cm (see geometry chart)
• color: matte black
• frame/fork weight: 2180g/1150g (55cm w/ uncut steerer)